Ah, Starbucks – the coffee choice of many. With their prices being somewhat costly, it’s very common to wonder how to get free Starbucks to save money.
The best way to do this is through the Starbucks Rewards Program. I have personally received quite a few free drinks from Starbucks (and I only go there once a month – if that). Check out all the details on how you can get started and earn your free drinks and goodies below!
- Does Starbucks Have a Rewards Program?
- What is the Starbucks Rewards Program?
- What Can You Get With Starbucks App Rewards?
- Do You Get a Free Starbucks Drink When You Sign Up?
- How Many Starbucks Stars Do You Need for a Free Drink?
- How do I Get My Free Drink at Starbucks?
- Can I Earn Starbucks Stars When I Pay Cash?
- How to Pay for Starbucks with Your Phone
- Order Starbucks Online Delivery
Does Starbucks Have a Rewards Program?
Yes! It’s very exciting that Starbucks has their own rewards program that is free to join.
What is the Starbucks Rewards Program?
The Starbucks rewards program is a free program that allows you to get free rewards, order your coffee in advance, pay with your phone, and more.
The game is simple:
- Sign up for free online or using the Starbucks app on your mobile device.
- Add a pre-loaded gift card (or load up a new one on the app) to start your account balance.
- Use your phone at time of purchase to get stars (points) for your purchases.
As you collect more stars, you’ll be able to rank up to bigger and better rewards.
Here’s how you rank up stars:
- You get 2 stars for every $1 spent
- There are numerous opportunities to collect bonus stars. Make sure you check the inbox on the app to know when these opportunities come up.
- Starbucks offers double star days where you can earn extra stars with your purchase.
- With the Starbucks Visa Card (or prepaid card) you have the opportunity to earn stars even faster!
You will also receive a free drink on your birthday (SCORE)!
What Can You Get With Starbucks App Rewards?
When you collect stars, you are able to redeem them for:
- food items
- and merch!
What you can redeem all depends on your star level.
Do You Get a Free Starbucks Drink When You Sign Up?
No. When you sign up, you will not get a free drink right away, but you are automatically set up as Green level status!
This means that you can start earning stars and get a free drink on your birthday!
The rewards do not appear immediately, so if you want your free birthday drink, be sure you sign up prior to your birthday to ensure the reward is there on your special day.
How Many Starbucks Stars Do You Need for a Free Drink?
Depending on what your drink of choice is, you need anywhere from 50 – 150 stars for a free drink.
The star system for Starbucks is as follows:
- 25 Stars – Free add-on/customization to your drink
- 50 Stars – Free hot coffee, hot tea, or baked good.
- 150 Stars – Free handcrafted drink, warm breakfast, or parfait.
- 200 Stars – Free sandwich, salad, or snack/protein box
- 400 Stars – Free coffee for brewing at home or specific merch items.
Starbucks has changed their point system a few times. Please visit the Starbucks Rewards page for updates on their rewards system.
How do I Get My Free Drink at Starbucks?
All you have to do to redeem your free drink is open the app to the barcode scanner and tell your barista that you have a reward you would like to redeem.
They will scan your barcode and voilà!
Can I Earn Starbucks Stars When I Pay Cash?
Yes! All you have to do is tell the barista that you wish to reload your app. Give them the cash in the amount that you wish to reload.
Once it’s reloaded, then you can use your phone to make your purchase and rank up those stars!
Starbucks also allows you to collect stars from your receipt. Click here to visit their website and get stars for your cash purchase.
How to Pay for Starbucks with Your Phone
Starbucks does a good job of making this process simple.
If you’re paying in person:
- Open the Starbucks app
- Visit the “cards” section
- Tap on the card you wish to use for your purchase
- A barcode will appear on your screen. Make sure your screen’s brightness is all the way up to make it easier for your barista to scan.
- Hold your barcode up to the scanner at the register (or show to your barista at the drive through for her to scan).
If you’re paying on the app for pickup:
- Open the Starbucks app
- Visit the “order” section
- At the bottom, choose your pickup store
- Browse the menu and create your order
- Tap the checkout button from the cart and select your payment option.
- Pick up your drink and enjoy!
Order Starbucks Online Delivery
Want Starbucks delivered straight to you?
While Starbucks does not deliver directly, there are third party apps that will go pick up your delicious treat and bring it to your door.
Doordash has been my personal favorite for food delivery. Their customer service is on point, they’re really good about being on time, and their app is easy to use.
Delivery for Starbucks through DoorDash is a $4.99 delivery free (subject to change – visit your DoorDash app for updated pricing).
Get started with Doordash using the button below! Both you and I will receive $20 credits ($5 off your first 4 orders) at no additional cost to you.
No joke – when PostMates first came out, it was the first of many delivery service allowing you to get delivery from restaurants that you wouldn’t otherwise normally be able to get delivery from.
What was their offer that got them so widely known when they first started? Get a free Starbucks drink. I believe it may have been more specifically a Pumpkin Spice Latte, if I recall correctly.
I worked at a retail store at the time and all of my coworkers were ordering it. The PostMates delivery team must have been so sick of driving back and forth to our store by the time the day was over.
PostMates doesn’t typically have a flat-rate delivery fee. It is based off of your location and distance from the restaurant you are requesting delivery from.
Check out PostMates by clicking the button below! You and I will both receive $100 in delivery fee credits (at no additional cost to you)!